Wednesday 12 August 2015

December to March.

A recap from my travels and life in December 2014 to March 2015.

I honestly have the worst memory, each flight becomes harder to differentiate from the crew that I worked with to the destinations visited. Maybe this is just something that all crew experience.

I felt it a lot in the beginning. I remember coming down the lift from my apartment heading to work, another crew came into the lift and asked me where I was off to today. I remember opening my mouth to answer the question however I stuttered, completely lost and dumbfounded as to where I was going and how long for.

It is true that you lose a sense of time and physical awareness of where you are. Hell I remember being in Munich and thinking I was walking the streets of Frankfurt.

December came fast, in between flying and keeping up a lively social life Christmas arrived.
I had a few days off before Christmas and was able to celebrate in my friends apartment upstairs from mine at the time.
Being in Dubai over Christmas was nice as it was still great weather like the Australian Summer however the feeling of loneliness and longing to be with close friends and family was a little hard. I am usually not the biggest fan of Christmas and we never celebrated it too intensely back home but as always, I feel everything a lot more when I'm separated from my support network, especially on special occasions. I guess my life and emotions become exacerbated because I do live my life high and low, up and down (Well, when flying you literally do!)


A beautiful memory in December was on Boxing Day, I flew to Milan.
I ventured out on my own as the other crew weren't interested in going out.
It was freezing and I was keen to sight see and do some shopping.
Whilst I was in awe looking at the beautiful Duomo it started to snow. It was such an incredible and emotional sight for me I started to cry. I felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and appreciation for where I was, right there and then to see such an incredible sight.

Some other highlights from layovers over this time include a very crazy layover in Mauritius- on a boat, free booze and bikinis. You do the math!

And again, some of the same crew I was fortunate enough to be with on an Amsterdam layover, full of sex shows, seedy bars and sex museums. 

But, it wasn't all fun and games - there was a lot of jet lag, missing home and running myself down due to lack of sleep. 

I did indeed Graduate in March which was a step forward. We made it through our 6 month probation and what an incredible 6 months that was. 
Filled with excitements, dissappointments, wins and losses. Regardless of those times; I was officially part of the crew.




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for Hostess in Dubai. please tell us about this click here : Promotion agencies in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete