Friday 1 August 2014

Test for Emirates Cabin Crew recruitment

On the 1st of July, 3 weeks post my Final Interview I attended Sydney Head Office to complete a 'test' as I hadn't finished Year 12 at school.
This test was meant to build my application stronger to present to HR in Dubai.

I met a HR representative at the Sydney Head Office who was lovely and made me feel comfortable immediately.
She questioned what the test was for as she hadn't had anyone come to Sydney to do this. I was a little shocked that she wasn't aware what it was for and didn't know if that was a good or bad thing!

She sat me in a room and gave me a sheet to mark answers and a hard cover exercise book.
The book was called Ravens Progressive Matrices.
She explained I had 45 minutes to complete this test and gave me the guidelines with a practise answer.
She left me in the room and I started the test, I didn't find it hard at first and the patterns were simple.
The test progressively got harder and by the end I don't even know how I came up with the answers! I felt confident I had worked them out but still there was uncertainty in my mind.

The HR lady came back in and we talked about the role of a Cabin Crew employee.
Our conversation was casual and she was very nice.
She explained to me that Sydney have nothing else to do with the recruitment process for Cabin Crew and that my test would be sent back to Dubai.

I left the office relieved that the test was over and hoping that I had done enough to impress HR in Dubai!

No comments:

Post a Comment