Saturday 2 August 2014

The Golden Call

It was the 6th week. 6 weeks after my Final Interview.
My anxiety levels were high. Every phone call I received I answered it in hope of the Golden Call!
I went through ups and downs - I even talked myself out of it and ensured that my expectations weren't too high on hearing back in time.

That 6th week for me was especially stressful as a family member of mine was terminally ill and had been at the hospital all week. With that to worry about and also the hope of getting a job with Emriates I was stressed.

On Thursday the 17th of July it was my day off work and I had been at the hospital until late afternoon.
That day I knew it was 'Friday' the end of the working week in Dubai and I was hoping to get the call, I had a feeling that I needed to keep my phone close by.

I went to the mall with my friend and had only just arrived when I got a phone call at 6pm from a private number.
As it wasn't the extension from Dubai, I wasn't expecting it to be the Golden Call but to my surprise it was!
I was told I had been successful in obtaining a position as a Stewardess with Emirates!!!!!
I was asked if I could join on the 5th of September. My answer was an obvious YES without thought.
She confirmed some personal and current employment details and mentioned to not resign yet until I have been confirmed to do so by HR.
She congratulated me and hung up.
I squealed in delight and my friend and I were in shock!
I tried to call my mum but she was not in service at the hospital so I phoned my dad and step dad. They were so excited - I was still in shock and not even sure what to say.

I knew I wanted to get home ASAP to accept my contract and start completing and uploading documentation.

This was the confirmation that a new life path is underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment